- New for 2016: The reining entry forms and entry fees deadline is received in the office by September 7, 2016. Each entry received after September 7, 2016 and before September 12, 2016 will be charged a $200 late penalty. No Reining entries will be accepted after September 12, 2016. Please note – Cutting and Cow Horse Competitors still have an entry deadline of September 1st. Premium stalls in 2015 were full by September 1st. Stalls are allocated on a first entries received basis.
- All participating reining owners and riders must be current members of the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA). Horses must have a valid NRHA competition license to compete. Please submit photocopies of all required NRHA competition license(s) and membership cards (owner and rider) with entries.
- National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) rules apply to all reining classes and NRHA patterns will be used.
- Proper Western attire, including cowboy hat, cowboy boots, long sleeve button up shirts and denim jeans, must be worn in the competition pens at all times.
- If a rider rides more than one horse in a class, wherever possible, there will be a spread of at least eight horses between his/her runs.
- By signing the entry form all reining competitors confirm that they possess a current NRHA membership and all non pros confirm that they possess a current NRHA non pro card.
- Class Eligibility is based on the riders’ and/or the horse’s earnings as of January 1 of the current NRHA year. It is the responsibility of the owner and/or rider to be aware of the official earnings of the horse and/or rider as recorded by NRHA. NRHA eligibility lists are available at http://nrha1.com/eligibility
- All reining classes are one handed except for the 3 year old classes.
- A limited number of private paid warm-ups are available to reining competitors on Thursday PM and Friday AM. Get your entries in early, 120 paid warm-up slots will be available on a first entries received basis. A maximum of two paid warm-ups per horse. Times will be scheduled by show personnel. The paid warm-up schedule will be posted on the website by Monday, September 19, 2016. You are responsible for making sure you are there at your scheduled time.
- Reining Cross Entries will pay the full add back and full office fee for each class entered but will only pay one judges fee.
- #20 NRHA Level 4 Open 3 Y O Reining, #22 NRHA Level 1 Limited Open & #39 NRHA Level 4 CS Open Reining Futurity – 3 Year Old
- #24 NRHA Level 4 Non Pro 3 Y O Reining & #40 NRHA Level 4 CS Non Pro Reining Futurity – 3 Year Old
- #21 NRHA Level 4 Open Reining Derby, #23 NRHA Level 1 Limited Open Derby & #41 NRHA Level 4 CS Open Reining Derby – 4 Year Old
- #25 NRHA Level 4 Non Pro Reining Derby & #42 NRHA Level 4 CS Non Pro Reining Derby – 4 Year Old
NRHA Eligibility Lists
NRHA eligibility lists are available at http://nrha1.com/eligibility